Call for a free quote today!


Poison Ivy

Published: Tuesday, April 10, 2012

We hope everyone had a great Easter Weekend!

So everyweek on Tuesdays, we have a team meeting. During those meetings, we cover a weekly safety issue!
This week’s issue was particularly interesting because it is so easy to forget!


Poison Ivy is highly prevalent in wooded and grasssy areas of Sacramento. There have been more than a handful of times where kids running around the pool area come into contact with this deceptive plant. Poison Ivy can be difficult to spot, as it looks like just a general plant.

What it looks like:

Remember this phrase and tell it to your kids!
“Leaves of Three, Let it be!”

We all know what this plant does to our skin (makes it extremely itchy). However, also be aware that the itchy sap omitted from Poison Ivy can stick to clothes, shoes, tools, pets, and just about anything it touches!

Here’s what to do if you happen to come into contact with it:

1) Clean the exposed skin with rubbing alcohol

2) Rinse skin with soap and water

3) Shower with soap and warm water

Make sure that everything that came into contact withe Poison Ivy is washed. INCLUDING PETS!