Leisure Time Leak Detection
Our Professional Staff
are experts at finding and repairing any leak in your pool / spa, plumbing, lights or skimmer.
We use state-of-the-art electronic listening devices and scuba gear to find and repair leaks in swimming pools, spas, waterfalls, and fountains.
If you notice a larger than normal (more than 1/4 inch per day) decrease in pool water level, you have good reason to suspect a pool leak. If your pool has an automatic fill device, it might be harder to detect. additional clues to help diagnose your pool leak:
- Increased chemical demands (to treat new water that is added to the pool)
- Increased water bills
- Cracks in the deck resulting from settling earth
- Unexplainable evidence of water outside the pool
- Adding water manually every couple days
The Bucket Test
A common reason for minimal water loss occurs with natural evaporation. To best determine if your pool is experiencing evaporation or water loss due to a serious leak that needs immediate attention, you can perform the “Bucket Test”.
During this test, do not let anyone swim in the pool and or spa.
- Fill the level of your pool to normal operating level (normally mid-tile or mid-skimmer).
- Fill a bucket with pool water to about one inch from top.
- Place bucket on the first or second step of pool.
- Shut off pump and mark water level on outside of bucket with a permanent marker.
- Resume normal pump operation.
- After 24 hours, compare the two levels. If the pool water (outside mark) goes down more than the inside water level, there is probably a leak.
Found A Leak? Now What?
- Contact Leisure Time Pool Service & Repair @ 916-638-4100 to schedule an appointment today!
- To prepare your pool for our visit, fill your pool to the middle of the tile line or skimmer the day before your appointment to ensure the underwater detection covers all areas of the pool. Also, be sure your pool is clean enough for a technician to dive in, if necessary.
Expert Repairs in all phases:
- Underwater repairs
- Skimmer replacements
- Main drain repairs
- Return line repairs
- Under deck plumbing repairs
- Plaster repairs
- Pool light repairs
- Grout and tile repairs